Allen Depot

The Allen Depot is open every 2nd and 4th Saturday, 10:00am – 2:00pm. Admission is free. Group tours are available by appointment. Please call 972-727-2772 for more information.

The Allen Depot Building

Structural notes in the records of the Houston & Texas Central RR for the original depot in Allen were found in a 1919 report by the Interstate Commerce Commission Bureau of Valuation. The notes gave clues to the construction of the Allen depot. It was built about that time on this site and painted a dark yellow. The original depot burned in the late 1940s. The only structure remaining from the original depot site is the old cistern located on the south side of the building.

Building of the replica depot developed as a result of a cooperative effort between Leadership Allen Class X, Allen Parks and Recreation, Allen Heritage Guild and the Chamber of Commerce and was funded by the Community Development Corporation. It was built during 2002 & 2003 with a Grand Opening held on May 8, 2003.

The Allen Heritage Guild maintains the Depot as a repository of historic materials associated with the development of Allen and as a museum displaying exhibits and holding events that reflect the city’s history.

allen heritage village, historic buildings, historic park, event venue, wedding venue, allen tx


Permanent Exhibits: Houston & Texas Central Railroad, Ebenezer Allen, Sam Bass, Interurban, Allen Station Master Office, Telephone Exchange, Native and Early Allen Settlers, Baggage Cart

DVD Programs Available: History of Allen, Sam Bass, Stone Dam, Interurban, St. Mary Baptist Church, Allen Telephone Company

Rotating Exhibits: Displayed on freestanding panels in the room