About the Guild
The Allen Heritage Guild was established in 1996 as a project of Leadership Allen Class VII.
The Guild’s objectives are:
- Create a sense of community spirit by providing service and implementing projects that create a distinctively positive image of Allen.
- Assure tomorrow’s heritage by recording past, recent and current milestones.
President: Paula Ross
Vice President: Ed Bryan
Secretary: Linda Overton
Treasurer: Patricia Moran
Board: Debra Arledge
Board: Bonnie Borrello
Board: Marita Richards
Board: Dave Cornette
Board: Jim Waldbauer
Past and present projects include:
- Photographic display
- Driving tour
- Antique Appraisal Fair
- Preservation of Allen Station Dam
- Placement of historical markers around the city
- Participation in revival of the Central Business District
- Creation of Allen Heritage Village
- Restoration and renovation of St. Mary Baptist Church
- Assisted with production of historical videos
- Assisted with recreation of Train Depot
The Guild meets monthly to discuss the status of current and proposed projects, and frequently features guest speakers on topics of historical significance.
Meetings are currently held on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the Allen Depot (100 East Main Street in Allen).