The congregation of First Christian Church built this Prairie style structure in 1918 to replace its original rectangular building and brush arbor.
The church’s beautiful stained glass windows were given in memory of the Brown, Bush and Ereckson pioneer families. They served the congregation as Elders and Deacons in those early days and their families continued in active service for many, many years. They also served the growing Allen community in establishing farms, a mercantile, a school and a bank.
In 2003 this church was moved from its original location to facilitate the reconstruction of Allen Dr. It had been chosen to become the focal point of the restorations of historic buildings in Allen Heritage Village. As funds became available, an historic preservation architect was hired to plan for the restoration. The restoration was completed in 2008 by the City of Allen and the Allen Heritage Guild. Landscaping was designed by Rooted in the Past and planted by Master Gardeners of Collin Co., Allen Garden Club and the Heritage Guild. The facility is now available for weddings and small community events such as the performing arts, funerals, memorials, and worship services.